Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cauliflower Pizza Party



I went to a Cauliflower Pizza Party last night at one of my friends's house. Another friend had ordered 24 pounds of green cauliflower and was wondering what she was going to do with it all. Her question quickly turned into a party being planned. I've never had cauliflower pizza and was curious to see what it was all about. 


Nine ladies came to the party and we all brought different toppings that we'd like to see on our pizzas. We also had finger foods, chips, and desserts. My friend (and instructor for the night) had pre-made several pizza crusts that were ready to be decorated and baked. She also had two cauliflower heads that we were going to prepare from scratch so we could see how it was done. 


With one of the mixes, I made a thick crust pizza. All the others were original crusts. I decorated my pizza with Canadian bacon, black olives and pineapples on one half and sausage on the other. I used red pizza sauce and a white "pizza" cheese blend. I cooked it for about 10 minutes and then it was ready!



It turned out great and I was super excited to give it a try! I used my friend's cool pizza cutter to cut my pizza and then headed over to the table for a taste. I had one piece of each type and tried the sausage first. I was pleasantly surprised! I couldn't taste anything but the toppings and it was so good!  The crust was thick enough and strong enough to be picked up and eaten like a normal piece of pizza. Once I got to the end of the piece, where there were no more toppings and could taste the crust, I didn't like it as much. I then had the Hawaiian piece it was also really good! If I had to pick my favorite, it was the sausage. 


Here is the recipe we used. My friend modified the recipe and used one head of cauliflower, two eggs and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella.


It was a great night! We had so much fun that we have decided to get together once a month and try other healthy food recipes!






No comments:

Post a Comment