Monday, January 19, 2015

The second time was a hit


I served my family this yummy, healthy meal tonight! I purchased a 2.7 pound salmon fillet from my local grocery store. I've never prepared an entire fillet like this before so it was fun dealing with such a large piece. I did not add the capers. I paired it with roasted cauliflower and pineapple. I did not use the dried marjoram on the cauliflower since I didn't know what it was. I used basil instead. The pineapple was fresh so it was interesting to cut it up. Make sure to avoid the center core because it has an odd taste. Here are the recipes for the salmon and cauliflower.

Baked Salmon with Lemon and Thyme

Ingredients
  1. 32 oz piece of salmon
  2. 1 lemon, sliced thin
  3. 1 tbsp capers
  4. Salt and freshly ground pepper
  5. 1 tbsp fresh thyme
  6. Olive oil, for drizzling
Instructions
  1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place salmon, skin side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Generously season salmon with salt and pepper. Arrange capers on the salmon, and top with sliced lemon and thyme.
  2. Place baking sheet in a cold oven, then turn heat to 400 degrees F. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment