Friday, January 2, 2015

You have qualified.......

I received some exciting news on January 1st. USA Triathlon sent me this email:

Congratulations Sarah G! You have qualified for the Olympic-Distance race at the 2015 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on Aug. 8 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, after finishing in the top 10 percent in your age group at the Republic Tiger Tri


I am overwhelmed with excitement! I never thought I would qualify for Age Group Nationals. Immediately upon hearing the news, my husband said we are going. He is so supportive of me and wants me to do everything I can in the sport of triathlons. I really hope we can go. It will be a once in a lifetime event!

*Update from 1-5-15
I just received this email from USAT:

Dear Sarah,

On 1/1/2015 you received an automated email from our system stating that you had qualified for the 2015 Age Group Nationals. We apologize, however, this email was sent in error. Qualification for the 2015 Age Group Nationals race is limited to people placing in the top 10% of their age group at a USA Triathlon sanctioned event. An internal glitch caused this email to be sent to a number of athletes who did not actually meet the qualification criteria. Please accept our apologies.

I did finish within the top 10% for my age group for the Republic Tiger Tri but apparently it was not a USAT sanctioned race. Oh well. It was fun to think about it for a few days anyways. 

2 comments: